Freelance Real-Time Supervisor
Λxis Λnimation is looking for a REAL-TIME SUPERVISOR to be responsible for supervising projects using real- time technologies, and to drive the next generation of interactive and cinematics tools within Axis.
At a project level the Supervisor will oversee teams, providing technical and artistic leadership across multiple projects when required, and managing the day to day production needs. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to participate as a leader and hands-on contributor through all stages of production.
You should be a personable, pro-active, self starter who can motivate and lead the team around you. You should provide creative and technical solutions that not only reach our client and personal quality expectations, but also push commercial results.
At a studio level the role involves working alongside the Research and Development department, who collaborate with all departments to design, develop and maintain artist tools to standardise pipeline workflow practices and improve efficiencies to studio process as a whole.
- Provide creative and technical solutions on an ongoing basis throughout a project which deliver to client and internal quality expectations.
- Filter diverse feedback from both client and Project director to members of the team.
- Work closely with the project producer to drive the project team to meet schedule objectives.
- Work closely with project producer to evaluate project estimations as the project develops.
- During the pre production phase work with the director and producer to help define and refine the creative requirements of the project so they can be technically achieved within budget.
- Identify strengths of team members best suited to certain tasks.
- Troubleshoot project specific problems as they happen to support their team.
- Review the work of the team working on the project.
- Work with project coordinator to set tasks for the team working on the project.
- Communicate and liaise with department leads to arrive at efficient, cost effective solutions best suited for the project.
- Research and specify tools requirements for real-time technology pipelines.
- Ensure tools created by R&D department for real-time technologies function as expected.
- In collaboration with other departments, define workflow practices suited to the real-time pipeline.
- Create and update documentation explaining our processes and tools.
- Educate artists on how to work with the real-time pipeline, processes and tools.
- Gain an understanding of the studio’s pre-rendered pipeline to devise cross platform solutions.
- Liaison where necessary with clients and 3rd party contractors.
- Actively looks for opportunities to take on responsibility.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring the problem is solved.
- Puts the outcome for the studio as a whole first.
- Can both anticipate a problem and either prevents it or limits the damage.
- Can see past the noise.
- Responds proactively to personal & team challenges.
- Motivates themselves and team members.
- Communicates effectively and clearly.
- Aspires to learn and grow.
WE ΛRE NOT LOOKING FOR
- Project passengers, rather than project drivers.
- Personal objectives ahead of studio objectives.
- Supervisors that prefer to describe a problem over solving it.
- Supervisors that pass their challenges along to the team.
- Supervisors that wait for responsibilities to be given, rather than taken.
Founded in 2000, Λxis is an award-winning, international studio of directors, designers, artists, animators, writers and producers that creates content for the biggest names in video games, film, television, commercials and online entertainment.
As a creative team we go out of our way to get under the skin of every project and deliver beyond client expectations. We are passionate about our craft, and we challenge ourselves to leave a lasting impression with every piece of work.
No matter the client, brand, genre or delivery platform, our creative output is distinctive, engaging and entertaining.
Accordingly, Λxis has won numerous industry accolades, including: a prestigious Cannes Gold Lions Award, New York Festival Awards, D&AD nominations, London International Awards, Promax Awards and a Best Animation BAFTA.
In 2014, Λxis were proud to receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, a highly prestigious honour bestowed by Her Majesty The Queen only to businesses that display the highest levels of excellence.
How to ApplyΛpply Now! Send your CV and demoreel link to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position you are applying for in the subject line, or apply on www.AxisAnimation.com
139 total views, 1 today