Freelance MODELLING LEAD
DAYWALKER Studios is seeking a Lead Modeller to join an upcoming full CG feature film production in Cologne. The Lead Modeller will help create and design accurate and efficient models (character as well as sets and props) in the assigned timeframe. The position requires a high degree of technical skills and artistic judgement, as well as strong leadership, time management and mentoring skills.
– Work closely with the CG Supervisor to establish the modelling pipeline for the show.
– Lead a team of Modelers to assure the work meets a high-quality standard and is delivered on time.
– Develop and nurture an atmosphere where the objective is to create an engaging, top-quality animated film, while managing and reducing the complexities of production.
– Give direction and technical guidance to modelling team to maintain the required standard of work.
– Provide constructive feedback to the modelling team to enable them to move forward with their work.
– Work with riggers and surfacing team to resolve technical issues and optimise assets for animation and shading.
– Create accurate digital assets from the supplied reference material and/or concept artwork.
– Apply and adjust UVs, working closely with texture artists to ensure UVs are positioned and scaled efficiently.
– Provide CG Supervisor and Producers with progress reports on an “as needed” basis.
– 3-5 years minimum film production experience
– Thorough understanding of the modelling process and the ability to both interpret designs and accurately match photographic reference material.
– Excellent Maya modelling skills (organic and hard surface) and the ability to apply and manage UVs.
– Knowledge of Zbrush or Mudbox
– Good understanding of the visual effects pipeline from modelling through animation, texturing, and rendering.
– Ability to work well in a team and solve asset specific issues independently.
– Previous experience leading a team is an asset
– Scripting Knowledge is a plus
– Ability to multi-task and prioritize
– Excellent team player with good communication skills
– Excellent file and asset management skills
Since 2005 the DAYWALKER Studios, located in Cologne, has developed and produced animated movies for cinema, TV and industry. In particular 3D-character animation, visual effects (VFX), as well as development of content and formats and cross-medial applications. We are a highly committed Team that works with creativity and passion.
How to ApplyIf you are interested, please send your application to: email@example.com
513 total views, 1 today