Freelance LEAD ANIMATOR
Λxis Λnimation are expanding their Senior team and are looking to hire experienced LEAD ANIMATORS to head project based animation teams on an ongoing basis.
This role requires a skilled animator with a broad background animating different types of characters and creatures.
You’ll be a personable, pro-active, self starter who can motivate and lead the team around you, as well as work with the project Director to realise their vision and ensure the standard and quality of the animation is consistently high.
Prior Lead experience is a must, as is thorough knowledge of Maya and the ability to troubleshoot technical problems. A good understanding of the animation pipeline including pre-production, production and post-production is also necessary
This role is based in Glasgow and all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Thorough knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Accomplished examples of keyframe animation, both character acting and full body
- Proven production experience within a team min. 5 years
- Good communication skill and an ability to work interactively with Production and other departments to solve production challenges
- Strong understanding of the principles of animation and a keen eye for character pose and staging
- Good knowledge of cinematography
- Extensive experience working and editing mocap data.
- Experience working with Maya Trax and blending animation clip data
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of basic artistic human anatomy
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of basic human kinetics
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of basic real world physics and their application for animation
- Experience with Maya camera sequencer a bonus
- Managing a team of animators, keeping animator’s on track and motivated
- Quality controlling animation output on assigned project
- Feedback and managing technical challenges on project alongside the CG Supervisor and Dept leads
- Liaise with production on task assignment and scheduling of the team
- Interpreting and communication the director feedback and vision to the team
- Advanced level of Character and vehicle keyframe animation
- Advanced level of Body Mocap Cleanup
- Advanced level of Facial capture implementation and polish
- Full facial keyframe animation
- Camera layout/Previs
- Scene caching and clean up
Founded in 2000, Λxis is an award-winning, international studio of directors, designers, artists, animators, writers and producers that creates content for the biggest names in video games, film, television, commercials and online entertainment.
As a creative team we go out of our way to get under the skin of every project and deliver beyond client expectations. We are passionate about our craft, and we challenge ourselves to leave a lasting impression with every piece of work.
No matter the client, brand, genre or delivery platform, our creative output is distinctive, engaging and entertaining.
Accordingly, Λxis has won numerous industry accolades, including: a prestigious Cannes Gold Lions Award, New York Festival Awards, D&AD nominations, London International Awards, Promax Awards and a Best Animation BAFTA.
In 2014, Λxis were proud to receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, a highly prestigious honour bestowed by Her Majesty The Queen only to businesses that display the highest levels of excellence.
337 total views, 1 today