Full-Time Junior Developer
With studios in Glasgow, Bristol and London, Axis Animation is an award-winning animation studio creating high-end visual content for film, television, games and theme parks. We are constantly looking for the best talent: enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be part of some of the best work in the industry.
We are hiring an exceptional JUNIOR DEVELOPER to join our Research and Development team working on-site in Glasgow. Capable of delivering technical solutions to creative challenges you would contribute directly to the success of our projects, working closely with artists, developers and production to support tools and processes across departments.
This is an exciting opportunity to get your foot in the door of an animation and visual effects studio. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
Candidates are required and must be eligible at time of application to work on-site in Glasgow.
- Develop department tools and processes to meet production needs
- Work with the Head of R&D and Head of Department to prioritize production needs
- Ensure tools and processes integrate into the overall studio pipeline
- Test and debug tools and process to ensure stability and usability
- Act as a liaison for communicating technical issues to Production, R&D and IT
- Educate artists on how to work with the pipeline
- Create and update documentation explaining processes and tools
- Experience in Python or C++ programming
- Demonstrated interest in one or more of Maya, Houdini, Fusion or Nuke
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be proactive
- Be adaptable
- Experience in animation or visual effects is a plus
- Experience with PyQt / PySide is a plus
- Experience in designing and building database systems is a plus
How to ApplyHow to Apply: Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position you are applying for in the subject line, or apply on the website. Website Link: http://www.axisanimation.com/jobs/junior-developer/
213 total views, 2 today