This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
18 Jul 2017
Full-Time CGI RIGGING TD FOR ANIMATION
DOODLE IS HIRING! CGI RIGGING TD FOR ANIMATION
- Doodle Productions are looking a CGI Rigging TD to join us in-house in our London Studio, for the second series of our animated kids TV Series ‘Messy Goes to Okido’, for immediate start.
- Rig and skin characters, props and vehicles in a cartoon style
- Expand, improve and maintain an efficient rigging tool-set
- Incorporate any retakes and creative or logistical feedback as requested
- Liaise with Pipeline TD, Animation Director and Department Leads to troubleshoot any problems or issues that arise with the rigs, and to help advance the standard of the work being done
- Create and publish rigs which meet the technical specifications of the CG Department, to ensure all materials are ready and efficient as possible to use at all stages of the production pipeline
- Meet the demands of the schedule and deadlines; report on progress and flag any issues to production and relevant department leads
- 2 years’ experience as a CGI Rigger
- Strong knowledge of / experience using Maya, including full body and facial rigging
- Experience of rigging for cartoony style animation / squash and stretch
- Ability to work interactively and effectively with modellers and animators to resolve challenges
- Programming or scripting skills (Python / MEL) would be beneficial
- Demonstrable aptitude for cartoony style rigs and movement
- Excellent time management and organisational skills; ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including proficiency in spoken English
Desirable Skills & Attributes:
- Experience using 3ds max would be a plus
- Sense of responsibility and ownership of one’s work; meticulous nature when it comes to checking your own work before submitting for testing or review
- Ability to take direction, eagerness to address constructive feedback and improve work exponentially
- Understanding of various production pipelines; the show incorporates 3D and 2D animation and live action backgrounds
- Good problem-solving skills, adaptable and positive attitude to approaching challenges
- Experience with fur and characters with 2D facial elements is a plus
- Experience creating setups for an autorig
- This is a contract position.
- Please note that this is an in-house role in our studio in East London. Candidates must have a valid EU work permit or EU Citizenship and be eligible to live and work in the UK / willing and able to relocate to London. We are not able to sponsor Visas for this project.
- Please read the job description carefully and only apply if you meet all the necessary criteria.
- When applying include your latest portfolio / showreel (ideally demonstrating cartoony style characters), CV and cover letter; this will ensure the best likelihood of a response to your application.
How to ApplyPlease send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Messy Goes to Okido Rigging TD Application’.
137 total views, 4 today