Freelance CG Supervisor
Currently Axis are expanding their creative team and are seeking a CG SUPERVISOR to join them in a full time capacity on site in Glasgow. The role requires a skilled Supervisor with a broad background creating different kinds of content as well as proven examples of supervising and mentoring CG artists of various levels through the production.
You’ll be a personable, pro-active, self starter who can motivate and lead the team around you as well as provide creative and technical solutions which deliver to both client and internal quality expectations but also drives commercial results. Prior Supervisory experience is a must, as is thorough knowledge of lighting, rendering, fx and compositing pipelines, with experience in Houdini preferential. An excellent understanding of CG pipelines including pre-production, production and post-production is also necessary.
The CG SUPERVISOR will oversee the teams at a project level, providing technical and artistic leadership across multiple projects and managing the day to day production needs. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to participate as a leader and hands-on contributor through all stages of post production.
The role involves working closely with the project management team as well as collaborating with the department heads to improve efficiencies to studio processes and workflow as a whole.
Candidates are required to work on-site in Glasgow and for exceptional candidates, visa sponsorship may be possible.
- Managing and supervising the post production teams to create 3D content for a variety of styles and projects on schedule and budget.
- Quality controlling output by the team on assigned tasks in line with budget requirements
- Actively providing creative/technical solutions to production/creative challenges
- Working closely with Head of 3d and RnD department to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity.
- Liaising where necessary with clients and 3rd party contractors.
- Attend all relevant meetings to promote effective communication to the team.
- Working with production management to provide task breakdown and estimates per project
- Working with production management to resource and prioritize tasks and help drive the team to meet schedule and budget objectives.
- Working closely with Head of 3D to guide artists overall professional development.
- Mentoring and developing all members of the department on an individual and collective basis
- Appraising, coaching and where necessary leading disciplinary procedures.
- 3 years proven experience in a Supervisory role and minimum of 5 years general production experience
- A strong, measurable track record in delivering against department goals and targets
- Strong leadership abilities with a desire to confidently lead, motivate, develop and supervise a team
- Great communication skills with the ability to work interactively with others and be comfortable communicating at all levels of the company
- Advanced knowledge in lighting, rendering fx and compositing, preferably in Houdini and Fusion. Maya knowledge is a benefit.
- Familiarity with technical/pipeline issues and a typical animation production environment
- Self-motivated problem solver.
- A positive attitude towards supporting business growth and the recognition that efficiencies need to improve year on year.
- An understanding of all stages of the production process.
- Ability to integrate into existing pipeline infrastructure.
- The ability to support themselves and take initiative.
AN EFFECTIVE CG SUPERVISOR :
- Actively looks for opportunities to take on responsibility
- Takes responsibility for ensuring the problem is solved
- Puts the outcome for the studio as a whole first
- Can both anticipate a problem and either prevents it or limits the damage
- Can see past the noise
- Responds proactively to personal & team challenges
- Motivates themselves and team members
- Communicates effectively and clearly
- Aspires to learn and grow
AN INEFFECTIVE CG SUPERVISOR :
- Is a passenger on the project, rather than a driver
- Puts their personal objectives ahead of the studio
- Enjoys describing the problem more than solving it
- Passes their challenges along to the team
- Waits for responsibilities to be given, rather than taken
How to ApplyApply Now! send your CV and demoreel link to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position you are applying for in the subject line, or apply on the website.
282 total views, 1 today