Full-Time Compositing Supervisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
SPIN VFX TORONTO IS RECRUITING FOR A FEATURE FILM
Spin VFX is currently recruiting for a seasoned COMPOSITING SUPERVISOR.
This position is to commence on or about July 24, 2012, or earlier if possible.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Mastery of Nuke
• Expert knowledge of RV and Framecycler
• Experience with Qube an asset
• Ensure that the quality of the work from the compositing team is of the highest of standards
• Ensure proper work flow methodology for all artists – mentor the compositing team
• Assess client plates for technical quality issues
• Responsible for the final technical review of all composites prior to client submission
• Serves as key technical expert on productions
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
• Expert knowledge of compositing as well as integration of 3D elements into plates
• Minimum 5 years high level feature film experience in live action films
• Strong technical and leadership capabilities
• Solid experience in leading and training teams of compositors
• Experience in all aspects of stereo compositing and various conversion methodologies
• Excellent artistic skills
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
• Experience with Maya and Katana is considered and asset
• Experience with programming/scripting languages such as Python is also a plus
Remuneration will be discussed during the interview process.
How to ApplyQualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Demo reels should include a shot breakdown that indicates exactly what aspects of the shot you were responsible for. If you are submitting by mail, please send info and DVD to: Spin VFX 620 King Street West Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5V 1M6 www.spinpro.com Due to the high volume of resumes received, please include position applying for in subject of email. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
247 total views, 1 today